Ortho Fitter/DME Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Maryland/Delaware
Salary: $30,000 to 35,000.00
Type: Full Time – Entry Level
Responsible for applying durable medical equipment to patients for pre-operative and post-operative surgeries. Work directly with Orthopedic Surgeons medical personnel to ensure the well-being of patients and their activities of daily living. Manage patient schedules, maintaining product levels, and servicing physicians and hospitals with patient’s orthopedic bracing needs. Work independently. Maintain Industry Certificate.
- Set-up, follow-up and pick-up of all equipment in both the home setting or facility.
- Performs environmental safety factors listed on the Patient Plan of Care.
- Implements patient/caregiver teaching during the initial set-up and at any additional follow-up calls.
- Measurement & fitting of Orthopedic Braces and other associated products.
- Implements client teaching during the initial fitting and at any follow-up calls.
- Ability to make necessary modifications and to fit the client.
- Must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Use and care of the Products
- Fitting problems and how to solve them
- Equipment usage and maintenance
- Infection Control (Use of Universal Precautions)
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Company’s services and availability
- Patient Plan of Care and Follow-up
- Advance Directive Policies and Procedures
- All Patient oriented paperwork
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree with Sports Medicine/Patient Care Focus