Job Opening: Medical Billing Specialist
Title: Medical Billing Specialist
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off
Employment Type: Full Time
The Medical Billing Specialist will be expected to pre-certify, discuss costs with patients, work with the field sales team, and bill the claims accurately and quickly. The individual will also process denials and appeals to assure collections.
- Full range of medical billing (electronic and hard copy) and collections activity requiring fast and thoughtful action with great accuracy, and a sensitivity that the patient is the most important element of our customer base
- Accurate and timely submittal of claims with VOB and pre-certification activity.
- Verify patient benefits, and review benefits with patient
- Obtain Pre-Certification’s and Post-Certification’s
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance companies and other third party payers
- Work closely with patients to address payment questions and resolve collection issues
- Work closely with management and field sales force as needed
Synergy Orthopedics is a Medicare accredited company, as well as, independently accredited by the BOC Accreditation. At Synergy we take great pride in our Highly Rated Status as an accredited provider.
- Detail orientated and dependable
- Excellent patient communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of governmental regulations, including HIPAA, OSHA, and other compliance programs
- Ability to be confident and persistent with third party payers to secure pre-certs and collect cash
- Minimum of 2 years experience in medical billing and collecting
- DME experience is preferred
About Synergy Orthopedics
Synergy Orthopedics is a dynamic, rapidly growing Third Party Biller of Orthopedic Bracing and Rehabilitation products focused on serving Patients and Physicians in the PA, NJ, DE, MD and NY State areas for a wide range of Orthopedic and Podiatric rehabilitation and surgical needs.