The success of an articular cartilage repair is dependent upon patient compliance during the rehabilitation process and the protocol is based on restricted cartilage load combined with a gradual increase in activity. Many rehabilitation protocols suggest partial weight-bearing as the standard of care for successful outcomes. However, patient compliance with partial weight-bearing instructions with crutches has been shown to be inconsistent.
The Rebound Cartilage is a protective functional solution designed to support regeneration of the knee cartilage after repair procedures such as Microfracture, OATS and (M)ACI. Based on the clinically-proven 3-Points of Leverage System and patented Cartilage Protection Straps,™ joint unloading is maintained in flexion for protection of the cartilage during the healing process.
- Unloads the affected knee compartment
- Limits ROM where required
- Provides proprioceptive control
Indications for Use
- Articular cartilage defect repair needing uni-compartmental load reduction or range of movement restriction. Cartilage knee trauma benefiting from unloading or movement restriction and needing pain relief.
- May also be beneficial for other uni-compartmental knee conditions that require unloading, movement restriction and pain relief such as:
- Meniscal repair
- Avascular necrosis
- Condylar bone marrow lesions (i.e. bone bruises)